Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday 40 Days of Change


So today is Ash Wednesday. I had to actually look up the meaning all over again as a grown up. For those of us who grew up Catholic it meant a day for me and Grandma to spend together. I remember loving seeing all of the little Italian ladies with their purses in the crook of their arms, tissues in hand, kerchief on their neatly poofed hair and the ash cross on their foreheads. I loved this day with Grandma.

With Grandma now gone,(wow, that still makes me tear up a little) I am the grown up who needs to think about what this next forty days means to me and be the one bringing the kids to Church for them to come up with what this time will mean to them, other than YAY Easter is coming and we get to go home to LA!

For me, its time to reflect on what change needs to occur. I am going to be like Jesus and use this time to think about who and what I want to represent to the people around me when when Easter hits. I know that I need to
1) Get focused on the future
2) Really find a job - no matter what it is in order to provide for my family. Time to let go of the pride and suck it up
3) Be more mindful of my time - less electronic time and more people/family time
4) Just be
5) Make sure that I being the best me, I can be
6) More charity work
7) Watch my mouth and be more mindful of what comes out of it
8) Put God first in EVERYTHING
9) Put me first before some others - learn to say No
10)Dont ever let someone make me feel unimportant - walk away when I have to
11)Be better about getting back to people in a timely manner

Man, the list can go on and on but, with this focus will come change. This has been a tough year - I acknowledge it but, will not go into agreement with it - I am not ok with life continuing on like this for one more day.

There are blessings all around me, you, all of us. We have to just be open to looking and listening. That will also be my commitmet - to listen.

Change starts today. I hope you will create your own path to a new you, a freedom a new self...

Blessings and Hugs to you all
Nic

1 comment:

  1. Wow Nicole this is awesome! Exactly how I feel too. Thank you for that, the changes I already started to make have shown a difference in the way I feel and act. I will always continue to set out and make myself a better person! Its people like YOU Nic that help to keep others motivated and in check~ Thank you for that~

    ReplyDelete