Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Heart is Back


Well, lots has happened since my last post with Mike. He is back.

My heart has been struggling a bit only because I have truly not felt pain like that in a very long time. The fact that I was so vulernable to him when we broke up. I really exposed my feelings and my heart. The idea of feeling that again, terrifies me. I get that its not in my hands, it truly is in Gods.

After we broke up, I dated a few different people and nothing felt right. The laughter wasnt there, the smile that lights my heart, it just wasnt there. I left each and every date, comparing it to him and I felt when I was with him. It was a horrible feeling. To be wined and dined by great men who adore me (still til this day) and I just couldnt let them have a piece of my heart. Then I went out with Ryan again and he made me smile. He did, he didnt make me laugh and he was a little quiet for me but, he did make me feel good. We spent a straight two weeks together. Every day, either at the gym (did I happen to mention that he is a greek god - tee hee - insane body, 300 pounds of all muscle, 6'4, blonde hair and blue eyes - just a gentle giant) lunch, dinner. Ryan wanted to be with me all of the time. It was a nice distraction but, I still missed what my heart felt. As much as I put my feelings for Mike on the back burner, he would always creep into my thoughts. I just couldnt let him go as much as he was hurting me each and every day (tho' he didnt know it)

Mike and I never lost touch as we helped one another with kids and rides to and from Church. For some reason one day, he just started hanging around a little more and as time past, he would stay longer and longer. I was grateful if even for just those moments with him. When one day, those moments turned into a surprise day on the lake, fishing - more specifically ice fishing (if you know anything about me, this is not something I would ever do). It was the best day I have had with him. The peace I feel when I am with him is undeniable. Its just easy. I cannot explain what has happened, other than God had a plan for us and here we are. Each and every day, is a day filled with laughter and smiles when I am with him. How can it be wrong?

I have friends who are worried yet, they see the happiness and they are supporting my decision to be back in this place. They just want us to find happiness with one another. I want that. I want to always feel this way. Yet, there is a part of me that needs to know that he will continue to fight for us. That he will make "us" important and continue to work on moving us forward. I do not ever want to look back. I want to envision his smile and how his eyes light up my heart. The past is the past- God has told us - do not hold on to past trangressions. I know its tough when a heart is involved - it has been a bit tough for me to let go but, day by day...it gets better.

God is Good!

2 comments:

  1. Wow i dont even know what to say! I know that you have been up and down with Mike, you have, but you cant help who your heart loves. I just hope and pray for you Nicole that Mike will realize what he truly has. Pls dont allow yourself to be stuck in the middle of someone who either comes in and out your life when its convenient,or doesnt value the relationship as much as you do. I know you are a smart, strong women and in the end with God's help, you will find your way. If you keep getting the negetive signs or vibes, then you know what you have to do. But I do wish nothing but the best for you and Mike and think with a little molding, you guys can have a wholesome great relationship! Best of luck Nic..xoxox RENEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great woman once told me "follow your heart, it knows best." god will always provide the knowledge you need to get through anything. i wish and pray for the best for you..

    oh, and if i listend to what other people said, i wouldn't be married to one of the most genuine, heartfelt, incredible man i've ever met. my heart knew best and i'm glad i listened.

    xox
    jen

    ReplyDelete